We are deeply saddened by the injustices we've witnessed in recent times, and we want to do our part in helping to educate, support and be part of the change we need in the world, right now - not in the future.
As a small business and team we have individually donated to multiple causes and attended protests and are continuing to support the black lives matter movement in any other way we can.
What we are looking at are ways of providing opportunities through Mentorship and Internship schemes, and continuing to show representation in our brand through Black models, and people we choose to work with.
Below you will find a list resources to enact change with... and we sincerely hope that we, as a collective can move past these issues through empathy and education.
- Justice for George Floyd
- Include Black British History In The National Education Curriculum
- Battle Racism by Updating GCSE Reading Lists
- Black Lives Matter Petition List
- Make the UK Condemn Trump's Actions #SpeakUpBoris
- Justice for Shukri Abdi
Write to your Local MP - Find them here.
Additionally, you can find templates to send directly to your MP/Representatives for the following:
- Template for Justice for Belly Mujinga
- Template for 'Importance of Racial Engagement in Schools' by Akintunde Adams
- Template for Demanding the Removal/Freeze of Exports to the US for all Policing Equipment
people or groups
- Simple Ideas to Consider Before Protesting in the UK
- How to Protest Safely During a Pandemic (via Vice)
- Email Templates for a Black Curriculum
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People (via Sarah Sophie Flicker and Alyssa Klein)
There are so many more resources and people of interest out there, and we encourage everyone to do their own research and find the voices that need to be heard on these matters. Let's start educating everyone around us.
Sincerely, the Vitamasques Team