We just want to chat with you a sec, show you the ropes when it comes to K-Beauty routines because we’re around this stuff every day and honestly, sometimes we forget about what it was like to be total beginners at this kind of thing. You’ve heard of the K-Beauty routines by now, but what does it all really entail, and how can you get the best results? Well, here’s the low-down.
- Oil Cleanser - to remove makeup and dirt.
- Water Based Cleanser - to remove impurities that cause breakouts.
- Cleanse/Detox - chemical is best, to avoid micro-tears in the skin.
- Toner - to repair the skin’s barrier.*
- Essence - a lightweight, super-hydrating Serum.
- Treatments - specifically targeted for your skin type (e.g. hyaluronic etc.)
- Sheet Masks - hello! this is where we come in - relax for 20 with a nourishing Mask.
- Eye Cream / Pads - to soothe and de-puff.
- Moisturiser - introduce extra moisture back into the skin.
- SPF / Night Cream - the most important part for daytime usage, don’t forget it!
*Asian toners introduce moisture, opposed to Western toners which further strip oil and dirt.
It’s really important not to just jump straight into a full 10-step routine, your skin will feel very overwhelmed and so will your bank balance! The best method is to add one product at a time, slowly building your collection and finding out what your skin really needs.
It’s based on the idea of giving your skin absolutely everything it needs, without mixing all the products together, which can confuse and unbalance your skin (*ahem* throwback to your ex-boyfriend’s 6-in-1 shower gel, YIKES). This routine ensures all the right products are absorbed in the right time, allowing certain products to lock other products in - because obviously, cleansing after moisturising just doesn’t make sense!
To make sure you find yourself the perfect mask routine, we’ve devised a plan to suit any budget and any skin care needs.
It’s very important to give your skin time to become used to your new routine, small breakouts (especially when using charcoal based products) are common in the first couple of days - but persevere and you will have that enviable Korean glass skin effect in no time.
You may have heard the super cool H word buzzing around a lot recently.
Hyaluronic is been thrown about left right and center and all for good reason! Unlike most skin stripping skincare ingredients, Hyaluronic does the absolute opposite and locks in all the good old nourishment that your skin craves.